Opening Doors for people with disabilities and increasing local business
We are asking your business to invite us in to identify how disability-friendly your establishment is. We would like to help you increase your customer base and help people with disabilities access your services. We will provide you with suggestions and information about being disability friendly. All free, and all positive!
Establishments that take part will receive:
- An Enable Brooklyn publicity decal for your window as recognition that we believe you are disability-friendly, based on our grading elements.
- A display flyer with helpful tips
- Certificate of recognition
- Listing on both BCID’s website and www.axsmap.com (an online crowd-sourced listing that rates the accessibility of various venues).
- Information about barrier removal and other resources.
We also promote on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/BrooklynBCID
and our Twitter @brooklynBCID
All of this is completely free!
The Brooklyn Center for Independence of the Disabled (BCID) is a not-for profit, community based, consumer-directed organization that advocates on behalf of people with disabilities. We have recently launched our Enable Brooklyn-Opening Doors Campaign to increase disability awareness and highlight those businesses that we believe to be disability-friendly establishments.
Please take note: Enable Brooklyn-Opening Doors Campaign does not claim to assess whether your business is ADA-compliant, or otherwise compliant with any other Federal, State or Local standard. Similarly, our finding that your business is disability-friendly is an opinion and does not mean that your business’s services or property have been evaluated or endorsed by BCID, or that we have made a determination as to your ongoing competency in performing services.
We look forward to working with you.